Answered By: Chrissine Cairns Last Updated: Jun 05, 2018 Views: 28
The Writing Center recommends the following resources for students of Psychology:
The following Writing Center resources address graduate writing concerns including spelling, grammar, and mechanics, writing clearly, and proofreading.
Grammar and Punctuation
Mechanics and Spelling
The following Writing Center resources address paragraph organization and development including making connections between ideas.
- Body Paragraphs
- Introductions and Conclusions
- Paragraph Development
- PIE Method of Organization Podcast
- Topic Sentence and Paragraph Organization
The following Writing Center resources address APA formatting.
Additional Resources (Also see the Research section for more on APA):
- APA Formatting Titles Podcast
- APA Graphics and Visuals (Tables and Figures)
- APA Headings and Subheadings
- APA Style Central - Basic Setup (Font, Margins, Spacing, Header)
- APA Title, Body, and Reference Page Samples
- APA Reference Page Capitalization Rules Video
- APA Reference Page Checklist Podcast
- APA Style Central - Title Page Tutorial
- APA Style Central – Start a New Paper (Template for Writing an APA Formatted Paper)
The following Writing Center resources address critical thinking including analyzing and evaluating research by writing an Annotated Bibliography and thinking critically about a body of knowledge by writing a Literature Review.
- Annotated Bibliography
- Analytical Reading
- Evaluating Sources Podcast
- Cures for Writer's Block
- Literature Review
The following Writing Center resources address research skills and the use of academic sources to develop arguments and support assertions.
- How to Support an Argument and Avoid Logical Fallacies
- Writing With Integrity: Expectations for Academic Research and Professional Writing
Develop Arguments and Support Assertions
Using and Citing Academic Sources